- Information We Collect & How We Use It
The Crème Shop.com requests and collects personal information from our customers at various site locations and instances, including, but not limited to, when you create a The Crème Shop.com membership, make a purchase, communicate with us via social media, write a product review, create a wishlist, participate in events, contests, or promotions, contact our customer care team, or post other customer-generated content to this Site. These are currently the primary ways in which we gather information, however, we may also collect data through other channels in the future.
The types of personal information we may collect from you can vary according to the method through which it was attained. It may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us, such as:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Shipping address
- Billing information and payment details (such as billing address, credit card details, and other sensitive financial information, specifically for the purpose of completing your transaction)
- Username and password for your The Crème Shop.com membership
- A record of your The Crème Shop.com orders, purchase history, and shopping behavior and preferences
- Information provided by you through your interactions with us in social media
- Location and geographic information that could be collected if you use our mobile site or app.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
- You may also provide personal information about other people, such as their name and email address. When you select to email a friend your wishlist, tell a friend about The Crème Shop.com, or purchase a Gift Certificate for a friend, we will use their name and email address to send them a one-time email. This information is only used for the sole purpose of completing your request. We do not share your friend's email information for any other purposes unless that friend creates a membership to The Crème Shop.com. The Crème Shop.com stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success these programs. Your friend may contact us at support@The Crème Shop.comto request that we remove this information from our database.
- Information Collected Automatically
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
The Crème Shop does not currently actively respond to "Do Not Track" browser signals or mechanisms, but we're always open to hearing from customers for whom this issue is really important.
- Tracking Technologies
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by The Crème Shop.com and our marketing partners, affiliates, A/B testing, and analytics systems. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- Local Storage Objects (HTML5)
We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 to collect and store information.
Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
- Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
- Email & Other Communications
We may contact you via email to send you necessary order-related messages, such as order confirmation and shipment confirmation notices.
We may also send you newsletters and additional email messages about our products, services, contests, and promotions that we feel may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive these and other promotional communications from us, you may select the unsubscribe link which is present in each email. You may also customize your communication preferences by accessing the email preference center in your The Crème Shop membership page and adjusting your settings accordingly.
- How We Use Your Information
All of the personal information we collect from our customers is for the purpose of the reasoning described above, as well as:
- processing, verifying, validating, and completing your transaction
- creating, managing, and maintaining your membership to this Site
- providing requested live customer support and services
- record keeping of your purchase history
- enabling communication via our Site, blog, and social networks
- managing your participation in contests and promotions
- notifying you about changes and updates to our products and services
- conducting internal research and development
- detecting security incidents and protecting against malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity, including fraudulent transactions, error, negligence, and breach of contract, and against harm to the rights, property or safety of The Crème Shop and our users, customers, employees or the public
- fulfilling any other purpose for which you provide it
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- for any other purpose with your consent
- Under 13?
The Crème Shop.com is intended for users who are 13 years of age and older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to The Crème Shop.com. We will promptly delete any personal information from a person under the age of 13 should we discover that we have collected such information from a person under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent. If you believe we may have collected information from a person under the age of 13, please promptly contact support@The Crème Shop.com so we can correct.
- Information Sharing
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information as described in the sections below:
- Payment, Shipping, Referral, & Other Programs
We use a third party payment processor and a third party shipping agent to ensure the payment and delivery of your purchased products. We also use a third party to administer our referral program. We may use other third parties for other services from time to time. These third parties have no authority to use your personal information for their own promotional purposes.
- Legal Disclosure
We reserve the right to disclose personal information to our service providers, the government, law enforcement agencies, or other third parties under certain circumstances where a formal request has been made (such as in responding to a court order, subpoena, or judicial proceeding) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, as The Crème Shop.com, in our sole and absolute discretion, deems necessary and appropriate. Moreover, in the event of a sale, merger, or transfer of some or all of The Crème Shop.com's assets, or dissolution or bankruptcy, your personal information may be transferred to an unaffiliated third party as part of or apart from other transferred assets or assets. Any transfer will then be governed by and be the responsibility of any purchaser of or successor to the transferred assets or assets. We shall notify you by a notice on the home page of any change in the information practices governing your personal information as a result of any transfer of assets or any asset change in ownership, and your choices in how your information is used.
- Links to Third Party Websites
This Site contains links to other websites. The Crème Shop.com takes no responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each website you visit prior to disclosing your personal information.
- User-Generated Content & Information Disclosure
Any personal information or image content you voluntarily disclose online in a manner that other users can view (including, but not limited to: product reviews, Be the Buyer comments, on social media pages, in connection with contests and promotions, and on the The Crème Shop blog) becomes publicly available, and can be read, collected, and used by other members of this forum to send you unsolicited messages. Your membership name, email, or other information may also be displayed when you post comments or upload images throughout the Site. The Crème Shop.com is not responsible for the personal information users select to disclose in these forums. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at support@The Crème Shop.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Social Media Features and Widgets
- Single Sign-On
You can log in to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
- How We Protect Your Information
The Crème Shop.com utilizes some of the most advanced technology available today for Internet security purposes. When you access our checkout and enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, your information is protected with both server authentication and data encryption, ensuring that your data is safe, secure, and available only to The Crème Shop.
Our site is verified by Fastly and uses Braintree for all of our secure credit card transactions. We are a BBB accredited business.
In addition, The Crème Shop.com is hosted in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced technology to prevent interference or outside access to keep us all safe!
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at support@The Crème Shop.com.
- Accessing Your Personal Information & Preferences
You can access, update, or change your personal information and communication preferences by signing into your The Crème Shop membership page and modifying your preferences at your discretion. If you wish to cancel your account, or request that we no longer use your information to provide services to you, contact us at support@The Crème Shop.com.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at support@The Crème Shop.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You can choose not to provide us with any or all of the information we specify or request, but then you may not be able to create a membership with us or to take advantage of some or all of our features.
- Your California Privacy Rights
In June 2018, California enacted the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), which went into effect January 1, 2020. The CCPA was designed to enhance privacy rights and consumer protection for California residents by granting new rights to California consumers and new obligations upon companies doing business in California with regarding to personal information. The CCPA broadly defines “personal information,” which includes at least the following categories:
(A) Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
(B) Any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, his or her name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
(C) Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.
(D) Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
(E) Biometric information.
(F) Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
(G) Geolocation data.
(H) Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
(I) Professional or employment-related information.
(J) Education information.
(K) Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
For more information regarding your rights under the CCPA, please visit https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB375 for the text of the Act or https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa for information from the California Attorney General.
Under the CCPA, the new rights granted to California consumers are as follows:
- Right to Access and Disclosure of Personal Information Collected. Consumers have the right to request that a business disclose what personal information the business has collected about the consumer, how it is used and whether the information has been sold or shared with third parties. Consumers also have the right to access the personal information that has been collected about them. A business must provide the information free of charge and in a readily useable format within 45 days of receiving a Verifiable Consumer Request (“VCR”).
We have listed above the categories of information we collect and how we use that information. If you are a California resident and would like to make a VCR for specific personal information collected by us, please contact us at (323) 274-4470 or email@example.com and include “CCPA VCR” in the Subject line of the e-mail. Please include your name, contact information, and a detailed description of the information you are requesting.
- Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information Collected. Consumers have the right to request that a business delete personal information that has been collected from the consumer.
If you are a California resident and would like to make a VCR for the deletion of specific personal information collected by us, please contact us at (323) 274-4470 or firstname.lastname@example.org and include “CCPA VCR” in the Subject line of the e-mail. Please include your name, contact information, and a detailed description of the information you are requesting to be deleted.
- Right to Opt Out of the Sale of Personal Information. Consumers have the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information by a business to third parties.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- Right to Nondiscrimination. Consumers have the right not to be treated differently in terms or price or service because they have exercised their rights under the CCPA.
We are committed to treating all consumers equally, regardless of their exercise of any of their rights under the CCPA. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our nondiscrimination policy, please contact us at (323) 274-4470 or email@example.com.
- Contact Us
3116 W 32 Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90065
Thank you for choosing TheCremeShop.com!
The Crème Shop Team